Saturday, May 9, 2015

DIY: Unique Photo String Wall

Happy Mother's day everyone! If you read my last blogpost, there was an upcoming DIY coming...Well it's here! Oh and keep waiting for some exciting news! I really like this Photo String Wall, because you have so many options to make it unique and different. It's simple, but personal. I spent about 20$ on this DIY and it took me about 1h (without paint drying time). So hopefully you want to try this DIY or just be inspired by it.


 So this is what my Photo Wall now looks like, obviously yours could be more/less colorful or could have a color scheme. You could have your own photography (like me) or take inspiration pictures of tumblr, weheartit, pintrest...So who knows how yours will look like.


This is what you will need:
1. Mini Clothespins
2. Paint/Spray paint (color of your choice)
3. Twine/String
4. Pictures, Tickets or Drawings


First step is to paint or spray paint all of the clothespins you need. You could paint the front and then let them dry and paint the back or paint the entire thing at once.


Let them dry completely.


If you want to you can spill different paint colors unto one clothespin or create a pattern. If you want to you might even be able to just use washi tape instead of paint.


Here I tried to create this tie-dye effect with two colors....just experiment!


Here are all the colors I choose to paint my clothespins.


Here are things you will need for the next few steps.


Depending on how many strings you want, cut your string. I would recommend to map it on the wall and decide how long and how many strings you want. I just cut my 3m string in half.


Then get a hammer and some nails, or some push pins and hang up your strings like you planned.


If you need to, cut your pictures. If you want to do this you could also cut them into letters or shapes, to create words or just cool effects.


The last step is to hang you pictures up with the clothespins and finished is this DIY.


I tried to arrange my pictures so that in one picture I would have green or blue colors in it and the next may have yellow. This way all the colors in your pictures are spread out and look natural. 


I also tried to do the same with the clothespins, if I had a red picture, I would use a blue clothespin with it. This way the clothespin and picture had contrast.


Also my clothespins were arranged so the colors wouldn't repeat each other next to each other and that they would be a large variety of colors throughout one string. 

So those were some of the things I did with arrangement to enhance the colors/contrast of the pictures. But if you want yours not to look random, you can change the arrangement so it looks organized.

Let me get to the point...You can do so MUCH with this DIY.

Here are some of my ideas/suggestions:
1. Have a theme for your pictures
2. Play with different colors for the pins, go black and white or metallic
3. Use magnets instead of clothespins
4. Play with the length and arrangement of your string/s before hanging it up
5. You don't just have to hang up pictures:
You can hang up tickets, postcards, or drawings

GET CREATIVE

Lots of luck, Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment