Saturday, February 28, 2015

Spring 2015 Fashion Week, Trends & My favorite looks

Fashion week has been the past 2 weeks and I must say I am really liking everything that I have been seeing. The main trends are structures, floral/graphic prints, flowly/sheer dresses and skirts, wide/loose clothing and dark colors. I love all of these trends, because I think that they are modern, yet creative. For many designers I did not like their collections because of their use of dark color. I don't mind dark colors in spring, but only if it still looks like spring. Some designers combined their dark colors with leather and heavy fabric, which made it look for winter. So here are my favorite designer and my opinion on their collections.

 1. Valentino


Valentino has always been one of my favorite designers. But i really love their spring collections, it is modern, innovative and I love the different shapes of the outfits. The cutout detail is balanced with the white color and the fabric and choice of color makes it feel like spring. Also their cutouts are very flowery. I adore the 2nd look! The flower embroidering makes the outfit feel like spring, but the leather strap sandals contrast well with the dress and give an edge to it. The colors, also make it a bit more edgy. Then the shape of the dress is simple, but it adds detail and is very modern. The third look, is so free and makes me want to walk at a beach, with the wind blowing my hair away.  The bottom part of the dress is so flowly it reminds me off spring. Therefor the creative and artsy print on the bottom is very soft. The long sleeves and neckline contrast with the flow of the bottom part of the dress and the see through fabric makes the dress feel light. 

2. Suno

Even though i have never heard of this designer, I really like this collection. The sandals that are similar on all of the looks, make the collection very cohesive. The graphic and floral prints contrast very well. The flowly dresses on the 1st and 3rd look are just so fun and light. All of these three dresses go beyond the knee, yet look modern and attractive and that is not to easy to create, so I also really like that. 

3. Tory Burch




I love this collection for their more wearable looks, textures and fun graphic prints. Tory Burch has presented some really modern pieces and their textures give all the feeling of spring.  Even though on these three looks, their is a lot of black and white, this collection uses quite a lot of colors. On the first outfit I really like the spiral big earings that make the outfit look more sophisticated and chic. The skirt has a very interesting texture, but I really love the print.  On the second look, I love once again the texture and shape of this dress or coat? Those two things give the print a special feeling. The third look is just so wearable and modern/cool. I love the metallic blue used in the print of the dress and repeated in the shoes. I also love the wide strap sandals.

4. Delpozo


The shape and embroidery on these three outfits are so fresh and youth full. The broad shape contrast with the see through mint green color and embroidery. But the color is youthful, unique and feels like spring. The oversized shoulders, sleeves and pockets are so modern and the dress is actually pretty flattering. I love the second dress, because even of the strong color, long skirt and heavy material. The outfit looks fresh, spring- like and light. I am still questioning the shoes for a unknown reason.  But I love the shape of the skirt and top. Even though I am not a fan of red, I love it in this look. The cool see through clutch with the embroidering feels chic and modern. 

5. Proenza Schouler


This is one of the dark colors collection that I really liked. The pattern, fringe and oversized/loose clothing is so modern and repeated (in a good way), it makes everything feel very cohesive. I love the use of cobalt and navy blue. The fringe gives the dress a young and fun element. Overall very modern, young and innovative. 

What were your favorite designers and looks at fashion week? What trends have you spotted and are looking forward to in stores? 

Have a good weekend,
Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment